Gaithersburg Cluster Boundary Study - POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE
Did you know our school is over capacity by nearly 200 students?
Did you know a new elementary school is opening in Gaithersburg and our boundaries may change?
The purpose of the boundary study is to determine the service area for the new Gaithersburg Elementary School #8 at Kelley Park opening September 2022.
All Gaithersburg Cluster elementary schools (Strawberry Knoll, Gaithersburg, Goshen, Laytonsville, Rosemont, Summit Hall, and Washington Grove) will be included in the study. Both Gaithersburg Cluster middle schools (Gaithersburg and Forest Oak) will be included in the study.
- Spring 2020 - Boundary Study conducted
- Fall 2020 - Report issued
- Winter 2021 - Superintendent releases recommendation
- March 2021 - BOE takes action on Superintendent's recommendation
- Public Information Meeting #1
- March 2, 7-8:30 PM - Gaithersburg MS Cafeteria OR
- March 3, 7-8:30 PM - Forest Oak MS Cafeteria
- Link to Presentation
- Options Meeting #1
- March 25, 7-9 PM - Gaithersburg MS Cafeteria (Snow Date: April 2) OR
- March 31, 7-9 PM - Forest Oak MS Cafeteria
- Options Meeting #2 (if needed)
- April 15, 7-9 PM - Forest Oak MS Media Center OR
- April 20, 7-9 PM - Gaithersburg MS Cafeteria
- Public Information Meeting #2
- May 4, 7-9 PM - Gaithersburg MS Cafeteria OR
- May 6, 7-9 PM - Forest Oak MS Media Center
Presentations will be posted online and one of the option meetings will be live streamed.